CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Three welders suffered severe burns in a flash fire that erupted northeast of Cheyenne.
The Wyoming Tribune Eagle reports that the unidentified men were reportedly working on Kaiser-Francis Oil Company equipment when natural gas left in the system exploded and started the blaze Monday morning.
The fire was reportedly put out with an extinguisher before firefighters arrived on scene.
Laramie County Fire District 2 operations chief Manny Muzquiz says about 20 to 30 percent of the victims’ bodies had been burned.
One man was transported by helicopter to a burn center in Greeley, Colorado. The other two were taken to Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, but were expected to be transferred to the Colorado facility.
The men are expected to recover.
Information from: Wyoming Tribune Eagle, http://www.wyomingnews.com
This article was from The Associated Press and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.