HOUSTON, Pa. — A Christmas Eve fire at a natural gas metering station in western Pennsylvania forced about a dozen people from their homes.
The Observer-Reporter reports nerves were rattled but no one was injured in the blaze Wednesday at the Williams Partners LP station in Chartiers Township, about 25 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.
The fire broke out around 10 p.m. along an ethane pipeline running from Marshall County, West Virginia. Firefighters contained much of it within 90 minutes but remained on scene until about 2 a.m.
Shawn Sethman tells the newspaper his mother, who lives about 150 feet from the facility, thought the neighborhood was blowing up.
Residents were taken to the Chartiers fire hall for about two hours before being allowed to return home.
Information from: Observer-Reporter, http://www.observer-reporter.com
This article was from The Associated Press and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.